If there was one common vacation that almost everybody enjoys, it's a road trip. Whether it's a short day drive to the beach and back, a weekend visit to see relatives, or a week-long drive in the middle of nowhere, a road trip has the ability to soothe the soul. However, as anybody who has undertaken a road trip knows, it isn't a movie montage where everybody sings for 30 seconds before arriving at their destination.
Arrive Safe and Sane After a Summer Road Trip
Along with helping you get the right products for a synthetic oil change in Humble
, ADR Oil Company
have a few tips to share to help you and your friends or family to arrive safely, and with your sanity after a long road trip.
Prepare Your Car
Summer road trips differ from your everyday driving because your engine doesn't get many opportunities to stop at red lights or times where you will turn it off while you complete your errands. Instead, it is constantly operating for hours during extreme heat. Here are our top tips to prepare your car:
- Check your engine lubricant. Your engine oil is one of the most important fluids that your engine needs to operate. If your levels are low, top them up and bring the rest of the bottle with you. If your oil is dirty or aged, perform a synthetic oil change before you drive.
- Your engine requires a number of other fluids, such as power steering, brake fluid, transmission oil, and coolant. Check each and every level and be sure they are topped up.
- How much mileage you get from your tank of gas can depend on your tire pressure. Too little pressure causes an in friction which can make it harder for your engine to move your car. Make sure your tire pressure matches your owner's manual advice.
- If your car will be full of gadgets, it's likely they will all need charging. Be sure that your car's battery is in good condition and is not leaking or corroded. If it has seen better days, replace it.
If you need to perform a synthetic oil change
or a top-up but aren't sure which product to use, don't take a guess
. Speak with ADR Oil Company
at (832) 445-7530
and get the right AMSOIL engine oil
for your synthetic oil change in Humble
Safety should always be the first thing you think about when it comes to a road trip, and it all starts with planning.
- Plan what time you will be driving and make sure that you get a good sleep beforehand. Whether it's a solid eight hours the night before, or a power nap in the afternoon, don't leave home unless you feel refreshed.
- Organize who will drive during which parts of the journey to help everybody prepare for their portion. Taking on the entire driving responsibilities is not a safe idea, so share it around and make sure everybody is aware and ready.
- Map our your route and find places to stop and stretch your legs and change your range of vision. Look for places of interest where you can walk around and take pictures or see some sights. A road trip is all about the journey, so make the most of it.
Driving for hours on end is not only mentally exhausting, but can drain your body of energy levels. Here are some good ways to make sure you enjoy the journey and arrive in a happy mood.
- Make sure that you pack sufficient snacks and drinks for everybody. Try to steer away from sugar based foods as these can result in a sugar high and then a sugar crash, leaving angry passengers.
- Water, Water, Water! Make sure that every person has a full water bottle to keep hydrated along the journey.
- Plan a driving playlist in advance to prevent constantly changing the music and breaking the rhythm of the drive. If everybody has a phone, create individual playlists and take it in turns to control the music.
- Travel games aren't just for kids; they can also help adults with their sanity also. Look for small games which you can take along with you, or if everybody has a mobile device, games that you can all enjoy together. The key is to play games that connect you, so try not to play single player games on your cell phone.
Reap the Benefits of a Synthetic Oil Change in Humble
Along with protecting your engine, performing a synthetic oil change
before you drive can also increase the performance of your engine. In fact, Ford believes
that using the proper grade engine oil can increase your gas mileage by up to 2%.
To make sure you use only the best products
, speak with ADR Oil Company
at (832) 445-7530
and ask about
the right AMSOIL product to use for your synthetic oil change